Home Health Job Purpose: Enables patients to stay in their homes and personal services; supporting patients and their families.
Qualification and Experience:
- Completion of GNM/BSc degree.
- Experience 3 years
- ability or read, write and speak English or Hindi or local language.
- Assess patient condition by monitoring vital signs.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal.
- Reviewing patient care journal.
- Keeping family informed.
- Administers treatments by dispensing medications - injections.
- Changing bandages.
- Administering oxygen.
- Maintaining oxygen supply and equipment.
- Notifying agency nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Helps family members care for the patient by introducing and teaching appropriate ways to lift, tum, and re-position the patient; putting the daily in contact with resources for addition home care help; directing them to medicare reimbursement approaches for hospital beds, portable toilets, canes, walkers, lift-chairs, wheelchairs, etc.,.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy patient environment by following assesses standards and procedures; Provides nutritious meals and snacks .
- Takes care of the following for the patient changing linens, dusting, vacuuming; maintaining kitchen and bathroom facilities for the patient, handling patient's personal laundry; maintaining security of the patient.
- Maintains continuity of patient home care by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs in the patient journal for the next caregiver.
- Protects the home health care company by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.